As a family-owned and operated business, our goal is simple, use our passion for boating to deliver the customer a pleasurable experience from the original purchase of your boat and on through its lifespan. If you are looking to join a growing, customer-focused team, apply today.
Marine Service Technician – Grasonville, MD
The Pocket Yacht Company is now seeking a full-time Marine Service Technician to join our growing team. This qualified individual must be able to problem-solve, work well in a team environment, and be efficient to achieve high customer satisfaction.
- Work well in a team environment with a positive attitude.
- Service boats to a high standard.
- Properly diagnose and repair boats brought in for warranty or service.
- Able to perform routine service inspections on inboard and outboard engines.
- Troubleshoot, repair, and install electronics in boats.
- Ability to winterize boats.
- Work under the direction of the Service Manager to complete work in a timely manner.
- Maintain knowledge of marine technology. Has or is willing to acquire Yamaha and Volvo Penta certification.
- Ensure all tools and equipment are maintained and in good working condition and maintain a clean workplace.
- Ability to transport trailers and boats to satellite offices.
- Knowledge of boats, marine engines, repairs, and maintenance.
- Experience with Fiberglass and Gelcoat repairs is a plus.
- High school diploma or equivalent – college or trade school degree preferred
- Maintain a professional appearance
- Ability to communicate at a high level, both verbally and in writing
- Be team-oriented, self-motivated, and process-driven
- Have a valid state driver’s license
- Ability to pass a pre-employment background/drug screening
- Prior experience in the marine industry is preferred.
- Two weeks paid Vacation (after 6 Months. (Includes one week between Christmas and New Year’s Day when the company is closed.
- Five paid Holidays & three days sick leave
- 401K with matching company contributions after one year of employment.
- Performance bonuses and incentives